Welcome to the Family Information Service
Are you looking for information, help and advice on childcare or children’s activities in Bridgend county borough? Well you’ve come to the right place.
"Bridgend Family Information Service will provide quality, accessible and impartial information and guidance on the full range of childcare services, resources and issues led by the needs of children and their families, carers, employers, professionals and local and national governments and their agencies".
The kinds of information FIS could provide:
- Childcare and other children's issues such as bullying, child protection, children's behaviour
- Leisure activities, education services and libraries
- Health services
- Special needs, including support groups for parents of children with special needs/disabilities
- Training courses for childcare workers;
- Work Life Balance, including legislation affecting work life balance
- Sources of funding for parents and childcare providers
- National and local help lines for parents
- National and local children's organisations
The Bridgend Family Information Service has two members of staff:
|Family Information Officer||Gaynor.Griffiths@bridgend.gov.uk||01656 815153|
|Assistant Family Information Officer||Kerry.Gilpin@bridgend.gov.uk||01656 815189|